104 decorating tip for smaller roses
124 decorating tip for larger roses
Decorating bag (disposable, parchment or pastry bag)
Frosting (see recipe below)
Stick (chopstick, wooden stick, or dowel)
Buttercream Frosting for Making Roses
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (salted, or unsalted)
3/4 cup Crisco shortening
5 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to make roses or pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas