Welcome to Today’s Creative Mom
This is a blog for moms seeking life simplified. I see too many moms over-stressed, over-worked, over scheduled and in over their heads. I lived this life and it leads to despair. After hitting rock bottom, anxiety attacks and losing myself, I said, “No more drama for this momma.”
The day I traded chaos for calm. I pretty much changed everything. I downsized to a smaller home, gave 80% of my things away, moved to a new community, sold my business, reduced my spending, and started a morning meditation and walking every day. It was a drastic life change that I believe saved my life – in more ways than one.
I rediscovered me which made me a better mom. I found balance in my health, relationships, career and pursued hobbies I hadn’t done in years (painting and writing).
In this blog you will see heart, creativity, faith and hope for all moms.This blog is purposed to help moms get the freedom from the pressures from everyday demands. We weren’t meant to be exhausted for the sake of our children’s “happiness”. You were meant to enjoy life with your family.
Whether parenting, health, food, career, home, relationships, or your soul – this is the perfect place to get ideas and inspiration.
You’ll also see my passion for designing quick and simple cakes, cookies, cupcakes and more!
A Little About Me
- Single mom to two boys, Nicholas and Timothy
- Christ follower
- Owner of Bright Start for Kids (www.brightstartforkids.com)
- YouTuber with over 7 Million views (www.youtube.com/c/sweetartfactory)
- Author – “Creative Cakes Anyone Can Make” by Thomas Nelson Publishers
- Children’s Advocate for Voices for Children (www.speakupnow.org)
- Organization Geek (it drives my kids crazy!)
- Professional cake decorator
- Lover of dark chocolate
- Seeker of sunsets and quaint coffee shops
- Moved over 37 times (I should own a moving business)
- Live in beautiful San Diego, California
- Enjoy worship and country music
P.S. My boys are now men (21 and 24). They are the greatest gifts a mom could ask for. They have been through a lot yet they are kind, caring, loving, creative, funny, and full of character. Nick owns a film/graphic business and Tim is pursuing a career in acting.
If you ever need prayer or a listening ear, email me at info@TodaysCreativeMom.com. Nothing you can tell me will shock me as I have either lived it or helped someone who has. We’re all in this together.
I am also known as the creator of “The Write Way” method to cake decorating. My book “Creative Cakes Anyone Can Make” published by Thomas Nelson has taught thousands the easy way to decorate for special occasions. Order book or Kindle at Click here to Order
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas