Halloween Cookie Tray with 3 Colors
Make a Halloween cookie tray using just three food colors - Orange, Black and Yellow. I love when entering a party and all the colors blend, from the decorations to the food table. Here you can make sugar cookies (see our sugar cookie recipes) decorated with royal icing. Find cookie cutters at your local craft store or Amazon.com [/cap] [cap:3][/cap][cap:2]
Creator/Designer: Jill Lodato
Recipe type: Halloween Sugar Cookies
- Royal Icing Recipe:
- 1 Cup powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons milk
- 2 Teaspoons light corn syrup
- ¼ Teaspoon clear extract (vanilla, almond etc.)
- Assorted food colors (orange, black and yellow)
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. Add food colors as needed.
How to Make
- Using a sugar cookie recipe, cut out Halloween shape cookies (I used Halloween cat, pumpkin and candy corn cutters). Let cool. Make Royal Icing recipe and divide recipe into four bowls. Add each color (yellow, orange, and black with leaving one white).
- Using a piping bag with a #3 tip or a ziploc bag with small hole cut into it (I reinforce tip with scotch tape).
- Pipe the colors on and allow to dry for 30 minutes. If adding another color on top, allow to completely dry before adding new color.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas