Make an adorable Hello Kitty Cake using homemade fondant and some pretty ruffles design. I loved making this cake for a special little girl who LOVES Hello Kitty! Using the easy template below, you can create your own Hello Kitty Cake.
Click Here to See Jill show you how to Make a Hello Kitty Cake
Baked and frosted cake (Buttercream recipe below)
White fondant (homemade (see below) or store bought)
Hello Kitty Template (see below)
Fondant roller or pastry roller
Black iIcing (I bought a small tube at the grocery store)
Pink color gel – to make the bow
#104 Tip and #3 or #4 writing tip
Disposable decorating bags
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
How to Frost a Cake: Video on How to Frost a Cake
How to Make Fondant: How to Make Small Batch of Homemade Fondant
2 1/2 Cups mini marshmallows
2 Cups powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons water
Shortening (if needed)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Save or copy this Hello Kitty template and print on your copier. Cut out to use as a template and perfect placement of her eyes, nose and whiskers.
Adding the ombre colored ruffles gives the cake a pretty design!
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas