As a preschool owner, play dough is always the big hit for activity time for kids. Of all the activities we have available during our opening session time, it is the playdoh table where the children stay the longest. Playdoh at the stores can be very expensive and contain ingredients that I am not really sure what they are. I have tried many homemade recipes and this one is by far the favorite. The ingredients are non-toxic and easy to find. The best part is the play dough will last for weeks if keep in an air tight container.
4 Cups flour
2 Cups salt
3 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar (I buy in the bulk section so it is cheaper)
Food coloring (I used Americolor Blue)
Clear extract (optional) I like using
How to Make:
- Add food coloring to water and mix well.
- Add water, flour, salt, cream of tartar, oil to a large pan. Mix well.
- Turn on heat on the stove at medium level.
- Stir the mixture consistently while it cooks. It will get progressively thicker.
- When dough is too thick to stir, turn off the heat.
- Let sit in the pan until dough is like play dough.
- Dump dough on a counter top or cutting board. Let cool to the touch.
- Knead the dough until soft and pliable. Let completely cool.
- Store in a air-tight container until use.
- Have FUN!
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas