I loved designing and creating this simple to make Carousel cake. Click on link below to watch how to make it!
Baked and frosted cake (Buttercream recipe below)
Red licorice or Candy Canes (or both)
Mother’s frosted Circus Animal cookies
Cookie sticks or bamboo sticks
Colorful candy (I used skittles)
Food color gel – I used sky blue
Star decorating tip (I used a #16 star tip)
Disposable decorating bag
How to Frost a Cake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFTppmxb3M8
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas