Moist Yellow Dream Cake
You will love this cake because it’s easy to make and so delicious. It creates a sturdy yet moist cake perfect for decorating. Makes two 8-inch round cakes or 24 cupcakes.
Creator/Designer: Jill Lodato
Recipe type: Cake
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Grease the inside of the cake pans with shortening. Dust the pan with flour.
- In large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter on medium setting of mixer for one minute. Gradually add sugar. When needed, stop the mixer to scrape down the sides, making sure all the butter and sugar are mixed well. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl. Add eggs to butter & sugar mixture. Continue beating until well mixed. Scrape down sides when needed.
- Set mixer to low setting. Slowly alternate adding flour mixture and milk. Mix well. Add vanilla.
- Spread batter into dusted pans about ⅔ high. Smooth evenly.
- Bake for 25 -30 minutes for cake and 15 - 20 minutes for cupcakes. Check for doneness by carefully touching cake to see if it bounces back. If it is not done, check every five minutes.
- Let cakes cool. Turn cakes onto plates and cool in the refrigerator for at least two hours before decorating.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas