I love poinsettia’s at Christmas Time. Here I show you how to decorate a festive poinsettia flower for your holiday dessert.
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
JOIN ME for MORE Videos, Recipes, How-To’s and Decorating!
Buttercream frosting (see below)
#352 decorating Tip
Red color food gel
Disposable Decorating Bag
Edible yellow pearls or yellow sugar crystals or sugar, or yellow M&M’s
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas