My favorite Christmas movie is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, so I had to design a cake for other fans of the movie. This is a great cake for a kids Christmas party or a special dessert at your Christmas party!
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
One baked and frosted cake (see buttercream recipe below – I used a double batch)
Chocolate brown frosting – use left over white buttercream to make brown frosting – make a chocolate paste with 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa and 1/2 cup vegetable oil) or mix in ganache or store-bought chocolate fudge frosting.
Disposable decorating bag or heavy-duty ziploc bag
#12 and 1A decorating tip
Red and green candy balls (I used sour balls)
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas