Want a rich moist white cake? This white velvet cake is silky and delicious, along with yummy buttercream frosting rosettes. My easy decorating technique shows the beauty of this cake! You can do this!
Subscribe to our channel for three new videos each week!
To decorate you need: #857 Tip and a Disposable Decorating Bag
White Velvet Cake:
One box White Cake Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 Cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon white vinegar)
1/2 Cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix all the ingredients together. Bake in a preheated oven 350 degrees (180 C) for 35 – 45 minutes. Line your pan or oil and flour. Cool before frosting.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pure almond extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Includes simple to make cakes and BONUS decorating ideas