I was a diet coke drinker for years. Reading all the negative effects of drinking soda, I switched to lemon water. At first I complained, until within a week I felt better, my complexion improved and I was actually losing belly inflammation. Now it is my drink of choice. I add mint, frozen berries and lime or orange to add new flavors to my lemon water.
Lemons are packed with nutrients, including vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and fiber. (Fun fact: they contain more potassium than apples or grapes!) You can also add honey to your lemon water to give an extra immune pack drink.
Because of how hard lemon juice can be on the enamel of your teeth, it’s important to dilute it with water of any temperature (though lukewarm is recommended). Drink it first thing in the morning, and wait 15 to 30 minutes to have breakfast. This will help you fully receive the benefits of lemon water, which are listed below.
- Gives your immune system a boost
- Excellent source of potassium
- Aids in Digestion
- Cleanses your system
- Freshens your breath (add some mint leaves and you have the freshest breath)
- Keeps your skin blemish-free
- Helps you lose weight because the pectin fiber fights hunger cravings
- Reduces inflammation
- Gives you an energy boost
- Helps to cut out caffeine
- Helps fight viral infections
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas