Easy Sweet Potato Casserole
Creator/Designer: Jill Lodato
Cuisine: Side Dish
Recipe type: Sweet Potato Casserole
Will Serve: 10
- 3 cups (1 29-ounce can) sweet potatoes, drained
- ½ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 beaten eggs
- salt to taste
- For the topping
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup flour
- 1 cup pecan pieces (optional)
- 13 ounces marshmallows (optional)
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the sweet potatoes and add the melted butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, beaten eggs, and a pinch of salt. Stir until incorporated. Pour into a shallow baking dish or a cast iron skillet.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, and pecan pieces in a small bowl, using your fingers to create moist crumbs. Sprinkle generously over the casserole. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the edges pull away from the sides of the pan and the top is golden brown. Let stand for the mixture to cool and solidify a little bit before serving. Top with marshmallows and heat for 5 minutes until golden brown on top.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas