Flourless Chocolate Cake
Want a decadent dessert without the flour. Here is a yummy cake my friend Kristin McMillan made for her girls. Enjoy!
Creator/Designer: Jill Lodato
Recipe type: Dessert
- 10 oz. semisweet or bittersweet chocolate - chopped in small pieces
- 12 Tbsp. (1½ sticks) unsalted butter (grass-fed Irish butter is best)
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 6 large eggs at room temperature
- 1½ cups coconut sugar (you can use granulated sugar)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a round pan or spring form pan with nonstick spray.
- Put the chocolate, butter and salt in a large microwave safe bowl. Melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals and stir. Keep melting until almost completely melted. Take out of the microwave and stir until melted.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a mixer until light and thickened. Slowly fold in the chocolate mixture until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into your greased pan. Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. You should be able to put a toothpick or knife in middle and the middle should not be gooey. Remove from oven and cool.
- Turn cake over and allow to cool completely.
- Whip the cream and vanilla until stiff peaks. Keep cold until ready to serve.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas