I love making theme cakes, especially for friends. Today I made this adorable Minnie Mouse Birthday cake for a special little three year old. She is obsesses with Minnie Mouse and dreamed of having a Minnie cake.
Using fondant I was able to create minnie faces and the dots like her dress. I found the #3 at a Party Supply store and the fondant at a local craft store.
Watch step-by-step how simple it is to create. You don’t have to make it a two-tier cake. Just make one 8-inch cake and modify with some white dots and some minnie faces.
Things you will need:
- Baked and cooled cakes
- Black, white and pink fondant
- Tylose if you need the bow dry quickly
- Circle cutters (find at craft store or make your own template using bottle lids etc.)
- Fondant roller or rolling pin
- Knife or pizza cutter
- Pastry bag and #10 tip (if you are making a border)
- Black Foam sheets
- Buttercream frosting (see our recipes)
Do you want to make it easier and make Minnie Cupcakes? I have the answer.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas