I created these simple and fun Minnie Mouse cupcakes for a birthday party. Thanks for mini Oreo cookies to create the adorable Minnie ears. I found the white edible pearls at Michaels Craft Store for one dollar (great deal).
The best part is I show you how to make your own star tip using a freezer bag, tape and a pair of scissors. I am obsessed with finding ways to create decorating tips. This is one of my favorites because it is so easy and has so many uses. Check out my Butterfly cupcakes too.
Watch the one minute video and then see all the things you need below. I have also included my easy to make buttercream recipe.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
You will Need:
- Mini Oreos
- Freezer bags
- Scotch tape
- Edible white pearls
- Pink food color
- Buttercream recipe (below)
Buttercream BASIC Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening or 1 tub of store-bought vanilla frosting
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar (depending on stiffness)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas