Yes, you can make these. Just buy or make fondant (see our homemade fondant recipe) and color orange and green. Roll the fondant in a ball for the round pumpkins, scoring with a serrated knife. Or using a mini pumpkin cutter or template roll out fondant to make larger pumpkins that cover the cupcake. Using green buttercream frosting (see recipe below) and you have Halloween cupcakes.
Buttercream BASIC Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter (salted, or unsalted)
1 cup Crisco shortening or 1 tub of store-bought vanilla frosting
1/4 teaspoon salt (if using unsalted butter)
4 – 6 cups powdered sugar (depending on stiffness)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (best quality available)
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream, half and half or milk.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix softened butter and crisco together.
* Add salt (if needed).
* One cup at time, add 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, beating after each addition.
* Add vanilla, or other flavorings and beat to combine.
* Add about 1 tablespoon of cream, and continue beating.
* Add the remaining 2-3 cups powdered sugar, one at a time.
* Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons cream until desired consistency is reached. If you want to pipe the frosting on cupcakes, the frosting should be nice and thick. Continue to beat another minute or so. The frosting should now be smooth and fluffy.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas