As a cookie decorator, I have tried countless recipes for the perfect cookie to decorate with. This is the one!
Try it out this Valentines day and create some adorable heart cookies.
Sweet Sugar Cookies
1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup sugar (process in food processor for 30 seconds to get superfine)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy with mixer at medium speed.
- Add yolk first, beat, then add whole egg. Add extracts and beat well.
- Add flour, beat at low speed until mixed, but do not over-mix.
- Divide dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 2 days. Allow dough to soften at room temp. for 10 minutes before working with dough.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Dust work surface and rolling pin. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick. Continue sprinkling flour when needed to prevent dough from sticking. Cut into cookie shapes with cookie cutters or templates. Place on cookie sheets (best with parchment or silicone-lined pans).
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes, depending on size of cookie. Remove from over and allow to cool before decorating.
Free Cake Mix Magic Recipe Book
Jill's 20 BEST Cake Mix Magic Recipes & Decorating Ideas